3. Model Digital-Age Work and Learning
Teachers exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society.
Performance Indicators for Teachers:
• Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to prove an innovative professional both in the global and technological society.
• Work with parents and the community using digital tools to promote use of technology.
Reflection:
One thing I know about technology is that it is forever changing. Thus, as a teacher one must always strive to learn the latest types of technology as to ensure the best possible instruction for your students. One major area of technology that teachers should remain updated in is that of assistive technology. Assistive technology changes as well as all other types of technology and it is crucial that as a teacher one remains updated so as to best benefit any student or students requiring special services through assistive technology. In our assistive technology assignment we were able to research several types of assistive technologies to better understand their functions. Throughout this class we have learned about various types of technology that can be implemented in the classroom with the most recent being the incorporation of websites in the classroom. Websites can be very beneficial to classroom instruction and are fairly easy to create and manipulate and can be used for many purposes including class, parent and community involvement.
• Assistive Technology
• Class Website
Future Learning Goals:
As a future teacher I hope to assist my students in any way possible. I am very interested in assistive technology and hope to explore this field in further detail so as to ensure that all my students have the tools necessary and available to them to promote equal and appropriate learning. I also enjoyed making the website and can not wait to implement this tool in my own classroom.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I also feel like assistive technology can be effective in the classroom and is crucial to those with disabilities. The website was also interesting and I'm glad that you feel like it will be beneficial in the classroom.
ReplyDelete