2. Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
Teachers design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessment incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in the NETS•S.
Performance Indicators for Teachers:
• Demonstrate an understanding for designing beneficial learning experiences that are developmentally appropriate for the digital age status.
• Demonstrate the ability to successfully create efficient assessments that evaluate authentic learning experiences.
Reflection:
For this standard I believe the following artifacts will provide maximum learning and assessment experiences: The web tools assignments including the rubric, worksheet, puzzle, and quiz. As well as the you tube video and the photo story projects. I believe I met this standard in that upon completion of these assignments I gained valuable knowledge an insight on how to use these tools so that I can implement these strategies in to my own classroom. I believe that in using these tools I will be able to design and evaluate authentic learning experiences. In using the activities in web tools I can go in and personalize student’s activities as well as assessment venues such as quizzes and test. The you tube video will provide an opportunity for students to complete an assignment that they will both enjoy and will assist the students in learning life skills. Photo story is another great tool in which I as a teacher can use or I can allow my students to use. The students could present reports or projects using photo story which would make the presentation visually appealing and photo story is fairly easy to manipulate.
Artifacts/Evidence:
• Web Tools: rubric, worksheet, puzzle, and online quiz
• YouTube video
• PhotoStory
Future Learning Goals:
While using these artifacts can be very beneficial in the classroom I would love to expand on this knowledge and perhaps learn how to even make a movie. Yet, I believe the knowledge I have gained from this experience will provide a strong foundation in which I can build on as I learn more about technology and am able to pass that knowledge on to my students.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I also enjoyed learning about the rubric, worksheets, puzzles, and online quizzes that can be made within the digital culture. I feel like this will be a crucial tool to use in the classroom for assessments and evaluation.
ReplyDelete