NETS-T Standard Number One:
1.Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
Teachers use their knowledge of subject matter, teaching and learning, and technology to facilitate experiences that advance student learning, creativity, and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual environments.
Performance Indicators for Teachers:
• Demonstrate knowledge of subject matter through the use of technology in learning and teaching experiences.
• Demonstrate ability to facilitate student learning and creativity through the use of technology.
Reflection:
I have never really been interested in computers outside of my daily basic use for them. I was even intimidated by computers before. However, as this class is coming to an end I have gained a new respect for computers and have a better attitude towards operating them. The artifacts listed below are a few of the assignments I encountered this semester that I know I will be able to implement in to my future classroom to enhance the learning experiences of my students. Through creating and experimenting with these assignments I believe I have a strong knowledge base and will be able to convey this knowledge to my students. For this reason, I believe that I have met this standard through my learning experiences this semester. The following artifacts will help me in demonstrating my achievement in that they are proof that I was able to successfully complete these assignments. Knowledge on how to construct a concept map will be beneficial in allowing me to present knowledge using grouping. The web tools puzzle will allow me to create puzzles that correspond with the lesson thus providing an innovative learning experience for the students. Finally, I can use photo story to present information and images to the students in a creative way. I was even surprised to see how well I did on each assignment despite by initial fear that I would do poorly because I was not computer savvy.
Artifacts/ Evidence:
• Concept Map
• Web Tools: Puzzle
• Photo story
Future Learning Goals:
Though we covered a great deal of useful tools in this class I know that there are still many resources out there that I can learn and implement in my future classroom. Thus, I plan to commit to lifelong learning in technology so that I can always provide my students with up to date learning.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm glad that the tools learned in this class has let you have a better understanding of computers and what they are capable of. I agree that it is important to continue to learn about technology and the resources that are out there for us to use in our classroom.
ReplyDelete