4. Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility
Teachers understand local and global societal issues and responsibilities in an evolving digital culture and exhibit legal and ethical behavior in their professional practices.
Performance Indicators for Teachers:
• Demonstrate to students as well as promote digital etiquette and citizenship.
• Understand and demonstrate to students the global and societal issues and how they affect the digital world and our professional responsibilities as digital users.
Reflection:
The main artifact that supports this standard is turnitin assignment. In this assignment we answered several questions and converted those questions into a paper in which submitted to turnitin.com to be checked for plagiarism. The point of this lesson was to stress the importance of legal and ethical behavior of students and teachers. It is not ethical to plagiarize and thus this lesson should be instilled in students. By using turnitin.com teachers and students are able to check their work by running it through this website to ensure that the work has not been plagiarized. In completing this assignment I feel that I have met this standard in that I understand the ethical and legal responsibilities of this standard and have thus been able to incorporate this into my schoolwork through this assignment. I also believe the YouTube video assignment meets these requirements in that students must agree that they will not upload any information in which is not an original creation by the individual students.
• You Tube
• Turn It in
Future Learning Goals:
Although I have learned many basic skills as far as technology goes I am not yet a teacher so I have not had the opportunity to use these skills in the classroom yet. However, I hope to expand on all that I have learned and further explore the programs described above so that I can learn all available resources and strategies for using them in my future classroom.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree with you and feel like we have gained better knowledge of the ethical and legal practices of technology in the classroom after this semester. We have to monitor our students and their use of technology and their ethical practices as well.
ReplyDelete